In the previous post, I talked about the regular procedure for the application for renewal of professional license at the Professional Regulation Commission (PRC). In the regular procedure, the professional license can only be obtained after three weeks or more after you submitted your application to the PRC.

What if you need to renew your professional license immediately? The solution for that is the PRC’s express ID or fast ID. The processing of professional license through express ID is just few hours. For those who applied for renewal in the morning, the professional license is released in the afternoon. For those who applied for renewal in the afternoon, the professional license can be obtained in the morning the next day.

PRC Express ID Procedure

Step 1: Get the application form (PRC Reg Form 003) from the Information Window, which located near the PRC central office’s entrance gate. The form can also be downloaded from the PRC website (PDF File). Please note that the application form is free of charge.

Step 2: Present the duly accomplished form together with requirements at Window 30, which is the priority window for those applying for Express ID.

Step 3: Go to “Megadata Office” as instructed by the clerk at Window 30. The Megadata personnel will take your photo, which will be used for your professional license ID. Megadata Office is located near the stairs inside the PRC main building.
Office for express PRC ID renewal
Megadata Office

Step 4: Go to the cashier at Window 36 to pay the fees for license renewal. You will also pay additional fees for the express ID.

Step 5: Get your claim slip at Window 30. The claim slip contains the date when you can claim your professional license. Make sure that you will not lose your claim slip.

Step 6: Claim you professional license at Window 31. The ID can be claimed in the afternoon, if the application was submitted in the morning. Those who applied in the afternoon can claim their ID in morning of the next day.

Do you need more information on the renewal of professional license? Please visit the PRC website or call (02) 736-2248. Read some tips on renewing your professional license at PRC.


  1. finn December 30, 2011 at 9:19 AM  

    Thank you for this blog post. Is there a fast id system in the provinces?

  2. Ishmael Fischer Ahab April 29, 2012 at 4:44 PM  

    Thank you for leaving a comment Finn. I am not sure if there is a fast ID system in the provinces.

  3. Anonymous July 12, 2012 at 3:53 PM  

    Thanks. Big help to have an idea before going there and being sure you have all the requirements needed.

  4. Ishmael Fischer Ahab July 12, 2012 at 5:07 PM  

    You are welcome Anonymous.

  5. uptwn August 27, 2012 at 5:34 PM  

    Thanks so much for the information. This is indeed a big help. :))

  6. Ishmael Fischer Ahab August 27, 2012 at 5:52 PM  

    You are welcome Uptwn

  7. cool_prof September 9, 2012 at 11:20 PM  

    Thanks for your very informative blog. May I just ask about the requirements and processes of applying for renewal of license if I will not be personally filling? I mean, i'll send somebody to do it for me. thanks in advance!

  8. Ishmael Fischer Ahab September 10, 2012 at 1:49 PM  

    Cool Prof

    You need to issue a Special Power of Attorney or Authorization Letter to your representative.

    For more information, please go to this link:

  9. Anonymous September 12, 2012 at 8:59 PM  

    hi, can u tell me how much are the additional fees for the express id? thanks

  10. Ishmael Fischer Ahab September 13, 2012 at 2:32 PM  

    Hello Anonymous

    I don't know how the additional fee is. I suggest that you call PRC telephone number: (632) 3140026 and ask them your question.

  11. Anonymous October 20, 2012 at 7:49 PM  

    Hi! Is the express id renewal applicable to all professionals? I am a teacher,someone said its only for seafarers.

  12. Ishmael Fischer Ahab October 21, 2012 at 10:14 PM  

    Hello Anonymous Teacher

    The Express ID can be availed by all professionals. A friend of mine, who is an engineer, availed of this system. She got her ID within the day.

    The one who gave that information is wrong.

  13. Anika Shinobu November 12, 2012 at 12:23 AM  

    Can i do express id if i need to renew my lost prc id?

  14. Anika Shinobu November 12, 2012 at 12:25 AM  

    Can i avail this express id if i want to get a new license. I lost mine yesterday. Pls help me. :(

  15. Ishmael Fischer Ahab November 12, 2012 at 11:34 AM  

    Hello Anika

    Yes. You can use the Fast ID System of PRC so you can immediately replace your missing PRC ID.

    Take note that you need to submit an "Affidavit of Loss" for you to get a new ID.

  16. Ishmael Fischer Ahab November 12, 2012 at 11:36 AM  

    Oh, Anika.

    The Fast ID and Express ID are one and the same.

  17. Anonymous November 13, 2012 at 7:01 AM  

    Hi! My prc license is already expired. Can I still avail the express renewal? Thanks

  18. Ishmael Fischer Ahab November 14, 2012 at 12:00 PM  

    Yes. You can avail of the Express ID renewal Anonymous.

  19. Catherine Fetalino Alemania November 15, 2012 at 1:41 PM  

    I am working here in Abu Dhabi and my PRC license was expired for more than 1year, just in case is it possible that my parents will process the renewal of my license and used that express renewal ID? and what are the requirements if from overseas?

  20. Ishmael Fischer Ahab November 16, 2012 at 7:36 AM  

    Yes, Catherine.

    Your parents can renew your license for you. All you need to do is to make an authorization letter for them.

    I wrote about it here:

  21. trimza December 5, 2012 at 4:23 AM  

    trimza: hi, thank you for your information.
    i am a reg radiologic technologist, and my id expired last april 2012, is this program may allow me to renew my ID?

    also do they require me to have a certificate of good standing ?? after i passes the boared exam, i just took care of my child thats why i dont have experience. thanks pls do respond

  22. Ishmael Fischer Ahab December 5, 2012 at 8:08 AM  

    Hello Trimza,

    Yes. You can avail of PRC's fast ID system in renewing your professional license.

    I tried looking for the website of Philippine Association of Radiologic Technologists regarding your query about good standing. Unfortunately, my effort was fruitless.

    I suggest that you ask PART or PRC to know if they require the certificate of good standing in renewing the professional license.

  23. ley January 6, 2013 at 7:04 PM  

    hi is change status and renewal the same?

  24. ley January 6, 2013 at 7:05 PM  

    is change status and renewal the same?

  25. ley January 6, 2013 at 7:06 PM  


  26. Ishmael Fischer Ahab January 6, 2013 at 7:09 PM  

    What do you mean by status Ley?

    Is it change of marital status? If that is what you mean then I suggest that you go to this link:

  27. ley January 6, 2013 at 7:13 PM  

    yes change of marital status. I'm married on May 13,2012 and my license will expire on Dec. 27,2013. I'm planning to change marital status. So if the procedure is the same with renewal? Then I will do it at the same time, renewal and change of status.
    How many days will it take to get the ID if I avail the express ID?

  28. Ishmael Fischer Ahab January 6, 2013 at 7:19 PM  

    The procedures of renewal and change of marital status are not the same but you can do it at the same time when you are renewing your PRC License.

    For the Express ID:

    You'll get your license in the afternoon if submit your application in the morning.

    You'll get your license the next morning if you submit your application in the afternoon.

  29. Anonymous January 8, 2013 at 3:15 PM  



  30. Ishmael Fischer Ahab January 8, 2013 at 7:01 PM  


    I suggest that you bring the receipt and all the other documents required for obtaining the license.

    You should also bring your marriage license.

    Tell the PRC about your situation. Hopefully, you'll get your license without additional payment.

  31. Anonymous January 24, 2013 at 11:43 PM  

    Hi.. Thank you for the informations! :) btw, my license will expire on Aug.2013 and I would like to have it renewed & claimed this January since I'll be working abroad next month.. I just wanna ask, in case you know, if PRC would allow me to renew my license in advance (Jan.2013)? And if ever, can I avail Express ID for that? Thank you. :)

  32. beautifulme January 29, 2013 at 8:19 PM  

    may i ask if Express Id is also available in all prc regional offices?
    thank you.

  33. Ishmael Fischer Ahab January 29, 2013 at 10:38 PM  


    Yes. You can renew your license in advance. You can also avail of the Express ID.

    Beautiful Me

    As far as I know, Express ID is only available in the PRC Main Office in Manila.

  34. Teacher Karrie February 2, 2013 at 9:42 PM  

    Hi~! my teaching license expired for almost a year now. i know that they process renewal in SM Malls but do they all so Express ID there? Thanks!

  35. Ishmael Fischer Ahab February 2, 2013 at 11:38 PM  

    Teacher Karie

    I think that there is no Express ID at the PRC offices inside the malls. It is only available in PRC Manila office.

  36. Anonymous February 4, 2013 at 6:32 AM  

    Hi. what can i do if i lost my original claim slip but i have its photocopy? can i claim my prc i'd with that? thanks!

  37. Ishmael Fischer Ahab February 4, 2013 at 9:15 PM  


    Good thing that you have a photocopy of the claim slip. Yes, you can use that to claim your PRC ID. Just explain to them that you lost your claim, just in case that the PRC clerk ask questions.

  38. Anonymous February 15, 2013 at 9:08 AM  

    I am glad to have found your generous post, Is there anyone out there who knows if a new board passer can avail this express ID? I already applied for the prc id cards but I need it ASAP so I just can't wait for it to be released. Thank you very much.

  39. Ishmael Fischer Ahab February 15, 2013 at 6:31 PM  


    Yes. You can avail of the Express ID.

  40. Ann Agustin February 16, 2013 at 8:13 PM  

    Hi! Meron po bang cut-off sa time sa pagtanggap ng PRC ng express renewal? Do you know the fees for nurse license renewal? Thank you.

  41. Ishmael Fischer Ahab February 16, 2013 at 10:43 PM  

    Ann Agustin

    Ang cut-off time ng express ID ay hanggang 5 PM.

    Yung regular fee ng renewal ng license ay 450 pesos. Kung may additional fee man ay baka manggaling na iyon sa Nurse Association. Sila na lang tanungin mo about that.

  42. Anonymous March 12, 2013 at 11:11 AM  

    Hi! I just lost my PRC license ID and it was about to expire this end of April this year. Can I still get the fast/express ID right away but the expiration date will be three years from now of the same date as I had?

  43. Ishmael Fischer Ahab March 12, 2013 at 11:15 PM  

    Yes. You can renew your license using the Express ID Anonymous.

    The expiration will be three years from your birthday this year.

  44. darleneNjoven camacho March 13, 2013 at 7:39 PM  

    HI.My husband told me to renew his prc license. He's already in Al Ain, UAE since Feb 2013. He's License will be expired on November 7, 2013. Is there any chance that I Can apply for the express ID? Pls help me to answer my queries. Thank you!

  45. Ishmael Fischer Ahab March 13, 2013 at 9:52 PM  

    Yes, Darlene. You can apply for express ID for your husband. Please bring an authorization letter from your husband and also the picture that will be used for the PRC ID.

  46. Anonymous March 28, 2013 at 11:20 AM  

    Hi is the EXPRESS ID still available by April 1? I'm from the province I just want to renew and claim my PIC the same day. Is this applicable for us nurses?

  47. Anonymous March 28, 2013 at 5:08 PM  

    pano pag nawala mag kano mag pa express

  48. Ishmael Fischer Ahab March 31, 2013 at 2:04 PM  

    Anonymous - March 28 @ 11:20 AM

    May pasok na po sa PRC sa April 1 so PRC Express ID will be available. If you applied for the PRC ID (through the Express ID) in the morning then you can get your ID in the afternoon.

    Anonymous - March 28 @ 5:08 PM

    I am not sure if Express ID is applicable for lost PRC ID. Hindi ko rin po alam kung magkano. Pasensya na.

  49. Anonymous April 11, 2013 at 3:20 PM  

    Hi is express ID still available now.

  50. Anonymous April 12, 2013 at 2:28 AM  

    Hi there.I just want to know if my father can do the renewal of my expired license via Express ID?What are the requirements?pls advise,,thanks in advnce

  51. Ishmael Fischer Ahab April 13, 2013 at 2:28 PM  


    Express ID is still available.

    You father can renew your license via the express ID. For the requirements, please go to the following links:

  52. myown April 14, 2013 at 9:39 PM  

    thanks for the info but i have a problem. kainis nag renew kasi ako sa sm ng PRC id ko and that's for one month bago maclaim. late ko na nabasa to.sayang talaga/ may i ask if there's anyway na ma pa fast ID ko un? huhu i need may ID before this month ends. waaa.

  53. Ishmael Fischer Ahab April 15, 2013 at 5:16 PM  


    Grabe naman sa bagal yung PRC na iyan. Yung Fast ID ay available lang sa PRC Central Office sa may Morayta. Kung magpa-fast ID ka ay baka magbayad ka na naman nang bago.

    Kulitin mo na lang yung PRC na inaplayan mo para i-release nila yung PRC ID mo.

  54. Charys April 30, 2013 at 3:09 PM  

    Hi. Thank you for the information re: express ID. I'm planning to renew my prc on Thursday. Will you know if I still need to have a passport size ID? Thanks! :)

  55. Ishmael Fischer Ahab May 1, 2013 at 6:09 PM  


    You don't need to bring a photo if you'll use express ID.

  56. Anonymous May 22, 2013 at 7:29 AM  

    hi good day, tanong ko lang kung pwede ba kunin sa PRC manila ang PIC ko. kasi sa probinsya ako ng file kaso ang tagal halos mag lilimang buwan na nang akoy mag file wala parin eh, eh andito na ako sa manila.

    By the way it's Dennis

  57. Ishmael Fischer Ahab May 23, 2013 at 12:17 PM  


    I think you can go to PRC-Manila for the renewal of your license. The only problem if the PRC in your province has not forwarded your records to Manila yet.

  58. Jaye June 4, 2013 at 1:08 PM  

    hi. i lost my Prc license a month ago, and i live in the province.

    can someone (a friend) apply for an ID replacement for me? im planning to have it through Prc Express ID. what are the requirements?

  59. Ishmael Fischer Ahab June 7, 2013 at 12:02 PM  


    You can send a representative to get you a replacement ID. What you need are the following:

    1. Affidavit of loss.
    2. Authorization letter or Special Power of Attorney that your friend should bring to PRC.
    3. Passport sized photo

  60. Anonymous June 8, 2013 at 1:20 AM  


  61. Ishmael Fischer Ahab June 10, 2013 at 12:05 PM  


    Madodoble yung request mo ng PRC ID kapag nag-apply ka pa uli using express ID. Mas maganda na hintayin mo na lang yung ID na ni-request mo noong May 22.

  62. Anonymous June 26, 2013 at 6:35 PM  

    hi. i would like to ask if pede ako mag renew ng license na expired na for three months at the SM malls? or sa prc lang pede mag renew ng expired license?

  63. Ishmael Fischer Ahab June 27, 2013 at 7:17 PM  


    Yes. You can renew your PRC license at the PRC satellite office in the malls or PRC offices even if the license is expired by three months.

  64. Jerrieh Anne Sobredo August 4, 2013 at 10:14 PM  

    hi, can i renew my prc id at manila main office? even if i registered at prc baguio? can i renew it in advance with express id? thank you

  65. Ishmael Fischer Ahab August 5, 2013 at 12:08 PM  


    I don't know the answer to your question. I suggest that you call the PRC hotline: 310-0026 & 735-4476

  66. Angie September 13, 2013 at 5:03 PM  

    Hi can you please help me. I want to renew my license ASAP because I'm going to America but its still valid till next year (2014). Do you think they will allow me to renew it. What are the requirements?how much?yung express sana ang Gagawin ko. Do i need to download the application form that can be found in this site. Thanks.

  67. Ishmael Fischer Ahab September 13, 2013 at 9:02 PM  


    Masyado pang malayo yung renewal date ng PRC ID mo. Hindi ko po sigurado kung OK na magpa-renew ka na agad.

    I suggest that you call PRC hotline: 310-0026 & 735-4476. Sila ang mas makakasagot ng iyong tanong.

  68. Anonymous September 16, 2013 at 11:03 AM  


    I obtain my PRC licence last 2005 and since then i haven't renewed it at least once... Unfortunately, when i decided to renew it, nawala q yung wallet q which contains all my identifications kasama na dun yung expired PRC ID q... Tanung q lng po, do i have to secure Affidavit of Loss for the replacement/renewal of my PRC ID? Mga mgkano po kaya ang penalty q for not renewing my ID on time?

    Thank you po...

  69. Ishmael Fischer Ahab September 16, 2013 at 1:04 PM  


    Isa sa mga requirements sa PRC ID renewal ay yung photocopy ng iyong expired PRC ID. Kung wala kang photocopy then doon ka na dapat gumawa ng affidavit of loss.

    Yung penalty po ay depende sa association ng profession ninyo. Minsan kasi nanghahangi ng certificate of good standing yung PRC mula sa association or organization ninyo.

    Tawagan na lang po ninyo ang PRC tungkol dito. Heto po yung phone numbers ng PRC: 310-0026 & 735-4476.

  70. Anonymous October 21, 2013 at 1:57 AM  

    Pwd dn po b i pa fast id f magpapa change of name ? thanks po

  71. Steen John Urbien November 17, 2013 at 11:14 PM  

    sa pg aapply po ndg express ID pwede ko po b irenew license ng asawa ko sa express ID kahit wala xa personally? hindi p kekelanganin xa sa megadata photo or un photo na niya lng ibibgay ko dun?

  72. Ishmael Fischer Ahab November 20, 2013 at 12:07 AM  


    Ang normal process po ay magpapa-picture yung tao sa Megadata Room kapag Fast ID. So baka hindi po pwede sa Fast ID ang PRC ID renewal ng asawa ninyo.

  73. sirhclym January 8, 2014 at 2:32 PM  

    hi.. is express id still available until now.... do u know how to request for good standing certificate for nurses at PRC? than u so much,,

  74. Anonymous April 29, 2014 at 7:52 AM  

    Ask ko lang po kung may additional fee po ba kapag 8 yrs na indi na renew ang prc id? or may additional requirements po ba to submit? thank u po

  75. Ishmael Fischer Ahab April 29, 2014 at 8:31 AM  


    May dagdag na bayad yata per year na hindi ka nag-renew. Also, depende sa professional organization nýo, baka maningil sila ng dagdag na fee.

  76. Anonymous July 10, 2014 at 2:36 PM  

    Hello good pm.may express ID lane po b sa PRC Baguio?. Thanku po.

  77. Anonymous December 22, 2014 at 11:33 PM  

    Hi! I'm a nurse living oversea, my PRC license expired last March 2010. Few months from now, it'll be nearly 5 years. Aside from paying the fee + penalty .. is my case considered to get refresher course + other requirements? Or not yet. Thanks.

  78. Ishmael Fischer Ahab December 24, 2014 at 1:14 AM  


    I have no idea regarding refresher course and maybe that only applicable to nurses. I suggest that you ask the nursing association and the PRC regarding this.

  79. Julianne April 4, 2017 at 2:08 PM  

    Pwede po ba mag renew ng expired license (Feb.2015 pa) sa PRC Baguio kahit sa PRC Manila ako registered?

  80. Julianne April 4, 2017 at 2:09 PM  

    Hi! Tanong ko lang po kung pwede po ba ako magrenew ng expired PIC ko (Feb.2015 pa) sa PRC Baguio kahit sa PRC Manila po ako registered?Thanks!