I receive a lot of questions on this blog, and I am happy that I am receiving questions from readers. Many of these questions are related to registration of professionals to the Professional Registration Commission (PRC).

Today, I will answer at length a question left on one of my posts by an Anonymous commenter. The question of the anonymous commenter, I think, will concern all Philippine registered professionals, especially the women professionals. Here is her question:
Question on PRC ID name change due to marriage.

As of this date (October 26, 2012), the PRC satellite offices located at the SM Malls only accepts application for the renewal of PRC ID. Other services, including the initial registration of new professionals, can only be processed in the regular PRC offices. Included in these “other services” is the changing the registered name due to marriage.

Requirements in Changing Name on PRC ID Due to Marriage

1. Duly accomplished Petition Form that is notarized. The Petition Form can be obtained from the PRC office or can be downloaded here.

2. Certificate of Marriage or Marriage Contract issued by the National Statistics Office (NSO). The certificate or contract should be printed on NSO security paper.

3. One copy of 1.5 inch by 1.5 inch picture.

4. Metered documentary stamps, which are also available in the PRC office.

5. Statutory fee of 225 pesos.


1. Photocopy all the supporting documents (i.e. marriage contract). You must both have the original and the photocopy when you go to the PRC.

2. Fill-up the Petition Form and have it notarized. PRC Offices also offer notary services. For PRC Manila, notary services is available at the Legal Division, which is located on the 2nd floor of the Main Building.

3. Proceed to Registration Division (for PRC Manila), located at the ground floor of the Main Building, for verification of your registered name. This division will also asses the fees that you will pay. You must have metered documentary stamps before you proceed to this step. For PRC Manila, metered documentary stamps are available at the Customer Service Counter.

4. For PRC Manila, go to Records Section located at the ground floor of Annex Building for the verification of your examination records.

5. Go to the cashier for the payment of fees.

6. Bring your receipt, Petition Form and supporting documents to one of the following windows: Window 16, Window 18 and Window 30. Get your claim slip.

7. Claim your new PRC ID as scheduled on your claim slip.

Some Notes

1. There is a possibility that your record in the PRC will not match your marriage contract. Bring your NSO Birth Certificate as another document to support your marriage contract.

2. Teachers follow a different procedure. They should go to 3 rd floor of the Annex Building of PRC Manila. For registration they should go to Window 21 or Window 22. For the records, they should go to Window 9.

3. Note that the procedures outlined here are for those who processing their registration at PRC Manila. Regional offices of the PRC may have different procedures for the changing of registered name on the PRC ID.

4. For more information, please visit the PRC website.

5. Ms. Paula Magpantay commented below that the fees for change of name is 225 Pesos. Notary fee is 50 pesos. Renewal of license (if on time) is 450 pesos. According to her, there is penalty for late renewal but it will not cost more than 2,500 pesos.


Do you have further questions regarding the changing of name on the PRC ID or on other processes? Or do you experienced registering at the PRC? Tell us your questions and experiences by leaving a comment.

  1. ley January 6, 2013 at 10:09 PM  

    Is the express ID applicable to change of name?

  2. Ishmael Fischer Ahab January 6, 2013 at 11:54 PM  

    Sorry for the late reply. I am not sure Ley but I think Express ID can be used for change of name.

  3. e052206g January 13, 2013 at 5:35 PM  

    Hi! I'am a nurse working here in Libya. I just want to ask about my soon to be expire PRC license, coz I have it with me,do I need to send it back to the Philippines with the renewal form that I've downloaded from your blog,and how can I have the special power of atty.? anyway, I hope you can help me with this:)

  4. Ishmael Fischer Ahab January 13, 2013 at 7:47 PM  

    Hello e052206g.

    You don't need to send your soon-to-be expired PRC license to the Philippines. You only need to send the renewal form.

    You can make your own special power of attorney. You use this special power of attorney on this link: http://www.abogadomo.com/legal-forms/special-power-of-attorney

    You may also use an authorization letter, which is both signed by you and your representative.

  5. Anonymous February 11, 2013 at 6:15 PM  

    Hi! I need to change my name due to marriage. Can I change my name and renew my ID at the same time? Because my ID is soon to be expired in October. Thanks for answering!

  6. Ishmael Fischer Ahab February 12, 2013 at 8:29 PM  


    You can renew you license and change your name on the PRC ID at the same time. Just bring you marriage contract so that you have a proof of your marriage.

  7. Maria Ana Ifurung-Dia April 9, 2013 at 6:27 PM  

    I will be renewing my license and at the same time apply for a change of name due to marriage. I just want to ask, what to write on PRC Reg form No. 003, do i write my registered name or my married name? I'm not talking about the petition form, i'm referring to the PRC Reg form No. 003. thanks.

  8. Ishmael Fischer Ahab April 10, 2013 at 8:42 AM  

    Hello Ma. Ana

    You can already place you married name to the PRC Form 003 since you are now legally married, which means that you already have the NSO marriage certificate as supporting document.

  9. Ishmael Fischer Ahab April 10, 2013 at 8:45 AM  


    You cannot immediately change the name on your PRC ID because you're not yet legally separated. You are considered married under our laws.

    I suggest that you separate legally first before you change your name back to your maiden name.

    PRC will ask for supporting documents when you want something change to your PRC ID.

  10. Anonymous April 19, 2013 at 9:53 AM  

    is there any other fee except from the 225? and the notary? my frined told me i will pay 2500 for the change of name due to marriage. tnx. more power!

  11. Ishmael Fischer Ahab April 21, 2013 at 7:09 AM  


    I haven't tried the change of name at PRC so I have no idea. Please call PRC so you can get the answer to your question. Here is the telephone number of PRC: 310-0026

  12. Anonymous April 21, 2013 at 7:44 PM  

    hi! gaano po katagal before po ma-claim ung license?

  13. Anonymous April 21, 2013 at 7:48 PM  

    hi! ask ko lang po, ok lang po ba kahit na hindi pa po ako mag change ng name sa license ko po? but i'm using my husband family name.. thanks!

  14. Ishmael Fischer Ahab April 21, 2013 at 8:01 PM  


    Mas maganda na ipabago mo yung pangalan mo sa PRC License mo at baka malito yung mga kliyente mo.

    Normally dapat makuha mo yung lisensya mo after a week. Kung express ID ang ginamit mo ay sa within 24 hours ay makuha mo na lisenya mo.

  15. LOLITA AQUINO April 22, 2013 at 12:34 PM  

    hi i am already annulled and i want to renew my expired teacher's license and at the same time change it back to my maiden name. can i do it simultaneously as im planning the express ID when i go to PRC Thanks and more power you have a very informative and helpful blog :)

  16. Ishmael Fischer Ahab April 22, 2013 at 4:38 PM  


    You can simultaneously change your name and renew your license. Just bring the necessary documents as proof of your annulment.

  17. Anonymous May 3, 2013 at 11:49 PM  

    hello i want to ask if i will renew my prc id at the same time change name due to marriage what are the forms that i need to accomplish?

  18. Ishmael Fischer Ahab May 9, 2013 at 11:57 AM  


    The requirements for change of name due to marriage can be read on this blog post.

    For the requirements in renewing the PRC license, please go to this link: http://www.ahabreviewsandtips.com/2011/09/tips-on-renewing-your-professional.html

  19. Anonymous May 16, 2013 at 2:47 PM  

    Hi! Will PRC Baguio entertain the renewal of my prc license and change of name due to marriage if I had initially gotten my first license at PRC Manila. My license expired last 2011 and would like to renew it next week at Baguio. Will that be entertained/possible?

  20. Ishmael Fischer Ahab May 16, 2013 at 5:02 PM  


    PRC Baguio will accept the renewal of your PRC license.

  21. Anonymous May 18, 2013 at 11:22 PM  

    Hi I just got married last December. I will be starting my nursing practice next week. I was wondering if could use my married name in documentations on patient charts even though I haven't updated the name on my prc licence yet. Is that allowed or should I stick with the name on my ID? Thanks so much.

  22. Ishmael Fischer Ahab May 23, 2013 at 12:04 PM  


    Please stick with the name that's written on your PRC ID. I suggest that you go to PRC ASAP to change the name on your ID.

  23. Anonymous May 24, 2013 at 12:57 PM  

    for the marriage cert. Will they accept the a copy fron the local civil registrar? Since i went to nso to get a copy of my mc, they said it will take 6 mos from the date of marriage to have it processed. Thanks in advance

  24. Ishmael Fischer Ahab May 24, 2013 at 4:50 PM  


    PRC will prefer the NSO certified marriage certificate. But if you want you can try using the MC from the local civil registrar.

  25. lala May 24, 2013 at 6:14 PM  

    hello po! i just want to ask kc di ko pa po nai apply ang PRC license ko as a teacher nung dalaga pa ako
    up to now na may asawa na ako.the same pa din po ba ang process kung ku2ha na ako ng PRC ID kung mag apply ako this time?

  26. Ishmael Fischer Ahab May 24, 2013 at 7:51 PM  


    Maiba ng konti yung processing na gagawin mo. Kailangan mo na kasi ng proof ng iyong pagpasa sa LET. Kailangan mong kunin iyon sa board ng Teaching Professionals.

  27. Anonymous May 31, 2013 at 7:53 PM  

    Hi, nka tag ung name ko s prc kasi with legal case daw..ano ibig sabihin nun?

  28. Anonymous June 17, 2013 at 10:15 AM  

    hi po..wat if hndi pa po available ang marriage certificate sa NSO, anu po pwwedeng alternative na document na ipapasa para mapalitan ung satutus?tnx po

  29. Anonymous June 18, 2013 at 9:19 PM  

    hi...Will they accept the a originaL copy of marriage certificate since i went to nso to get a copy of my mc, they said it will take 6 mos from the date of marriage to have it processed..isasabay q sana ang change status ko sa pag renew ng licence ko since pag eexpire na..tnx po

  30. Ishmael Fischer Ahab June 24, 2013 at 7:01 PM  

    Anonymous @ May 31

    Kaya naka-tag name mo ay may nag-kaso sa iyo sa PRC. Isang possibility ay may kapangalan kang kinasuhan dahil sa malpractice or kung anu mang kaso. Pakitanong na lang po sa PRC kung ano po talaga ang sitwasyon.

    Anonymous @ June 17

    Wala po akong alam kung anong ipalit sa NSO-certified marriage certificate. Posible na tanggapin na din ng PRC yung marriage certificate na galing sa munisipyo or city hall.

    Anonymous @June 18

    Hindi ko po alam kung tatanggapin yan ng PRC. Pakitawagan na lang po sila para inyo pong malaman. Heto po ang number ng PRC: 314-0026

  31. Anonymous July 2, 2013 at 8:11 PM  

    hello! ask ko lang po, kung sabay po ang change of name due to marriage at renewal, parehas din po ba ang requirements such as notarized petition?

  32. Anonymous July 5, 2013 at 12:55 PM  

    Hello, i renewed and changed my status of my prc id last may.according in the claim stub i can get it after 3 to 4 months. My concern is if there is any way to check it through online to know if my id is available already. Or if there is tel. Number to call to verify it...?

  33. anonymous July 12, 2013 at 5:17 PM  

    Hi.. pwede po ba akong mg change name agad due to marriage during intial registration? Just passed the nle last june 2013. Thanks

  34. Ishmael Fischer Ahab July 14, 2013 at 11:55 AM  

    Anonymous @ July 2, 2013

    Posible pong hingiin pa rin sa inyo yung notarized petition form. I guess na mas mabuting tawagan na lang ninyo ng PRC at magtanong po kayo duon. Heto po ang telephone number ng PRC: (02) 314-0026

    Anonymous @ July 5, 2013

    Here's the telephone number of PRC: (02) 314-0026

    Anonymous @ July 12, 2013

    Pwede naman po agad mag-change of name due to marriage. Basta magdala lang po kayo ng inyong NSO-authenticated marriage certificate.

  35. Anonymous July 18, 2013 at 11:15 PM  

    Hello magpapachnge status po ako ang sbi 2-3 years pa mkukuha ang id? Bt gnun katagal?.

  36. Ishmael Fischer Ahab July 20, 2013 at 10:55 PM  


    Sobrang tagal naman ng 2-3 years. Sa tingin ko maling info yan ibinigay sa inyo.

  37. jovie amor August 13, 2013 at 1:19 PM  

    Hi po. good day, i am just wondering about my teacher's license in my NSO, my surname is Santamaria, but my school records appears Santa Maria, the PRC followed my school records.would it be possible to change it and follow what's on my NSO instead? i'm having a hard time when i use my prc i.d. kasi i have to attach "affidavit of discrepancy" pa. thank u po! God bless

  38. Ishmael Fischer Ahab August 14, 2013 at 12:03 PM  


    You can ask PRC to correct the name on your PRC ID. Just bring your NSO birth certificate as proof. Tell them that the correct name is in your birth certificate.

    PRC staff will tell you what to do.

  39. Anonymous August 21, 2013 at 3:50 PM  

    hello! thank you so much for posting this, its is very helpful!

    i will renew my license and at the same time change name due to marriage. do i have to go through the same procedure in change of name before i can renew my license? or is there another procedure for it?


  40. Ishmael Fischer Ahab August 22, 2013 at 11:53 AM  


    You can change your name on the PRC ID and then renew your license at the same time. Just bring the documents I posted on this article and the requirements for renewing the PRC license.

    Tell the PRC staff that you are renewing your license and also changing your name on the ID.

    PRC staff will tell you what to do.

  41. Anonymous August 22, 2013 at 4:32 PM  

    Hello po! Nurse po ako na nandito sa UK. I need po to change my name due to marriage and at the same time process my documents to apply with Nursing Council of UK using my married name- Is it possible to do this all together in one visit? or do i have to wait for the name change? how long does it take for the name change?

    Thank you so much :)

  42. Ishmael Fischer Ahab August 25, 2013 at 7:47 PM  


    I have no idea about processing of documents to apply with Nursing Council of UK.

    Regarding the change of name on your PRC ID due to marriage, I think that it can be processed within the week, if there's no problem.

  43. Chelle Sodela November 22, 2013 at 2:44 AM  

    Hi po..pwede kasing ipoprocess sa relatives yung renewal of prc license..pano po yung change of status and surname?..pwede din po ba iba magprocess since wala ako sa pinas?..Thanks..

  44. Ishmael Fischer Ahab November 23, 2013 at 11:56 AM  


    Pwede n'yo pong ipa-process yung PRC ID renewal with your relatives or any authorized representative, including yung pagpapalit ng pangalan dahil sa mariage. Just give your representative the requirements including the NSO marriage certificate.

    For more info, please go to this links:



  45. Anonymous January 4, 2014 at 2:39 AM  

    Hi. Does PRC get the original NSO marriage certificate (secpa)? Or I should only attach the copy and they just look at the original for reference/confirmation?

  46. Anonymous January 5, 2014 at 1:23 PM  

    Okay lang po ba n hindi n magpalit ng name kahit married n?

  47. Anonymous January 13, 2014 at 10:45 AM  

    Good day po.. My concern po is about renewing my prc lic and changing name due to marriage, if marriage cert from the nso is the required supporting document, would they honour my marriage cert issued in the UK since marriage was done there... Thank you so much po and God bless.

  48. Anonymous January 24, 2014 at 7:36 AM  

    Hi, i never used my profession as licence Midwife almost twenty years due to marriage and got another job abroad.Now i want to apply my profession. Could you please advise
    me. I need to change my full name which is my first name in my birth certificate is
    different from my PRC licence or from my school Credentials. (NOTE: No birth Certificate School Required 20 yrs. ago.I have seen my birth Cert. before I got to process my
    passport). How many months akong
    maghintay b efore e-release yong New PRC Licence ko?

  49. Geoffrey Lim February 3, 2014 at 10:03 PM  

    Good evening. I want to renew my prc id and at the same time change my name due to marriage iv already read the requiremnets the problem here is, i lost my id last october. What will i do?

  50. Anonymous February 12, 2014 at 1:23 AM  

    Hi.. Magtatanong lang po, nagpachange status na po aq last may 3,2013 at sabi po nla mkukuha q after 8mos.. Ngaun feb na pinaclaim ko po yong license ko, ang sabi wala daw, at bakit hinihingian pa nila ung pinsan q ng passport size na id, tapos ko na nga ung binigay, kaya nga may claim stub na eh kc kukunin na lng.. Bakit ganun, andito pa naman aq sa saudi...

  51. Ishmael Fischer Ahab February 18, 2014 at 11:24 PM  


    I suggest that you make an affidavit of loss.


    Red tape na yan sa PRC. Basta huwag n'yong iwala yung claim stub ninyo.

  52. Anonymous February 19, 2014 at 10:37 PM  

    Hello po, good evening. I am a nurse and I recently process change of name due to marriage, PRC staff informed me that it would take long to process at least a year daw..yung concern ko lang is that ma change po ba name ng lahat ng record ko sa PRC like board certificate/board rating? Or sa new PRC ID nlg mag rereflect ang married name and the rest of my previous record would still reflect my maiden name?

    Hope you can help me on this. I want to process na po sana for DFA Authetication. Im using na kasi may married name in all transactions.. Thank you!

  53. Anonymous April 10, 2014 at 4:59 AM  

    Good morning po. Just want to ask f they honor marriage certificate not issued by NSO? Thank you.

  54. Ishmael Fischer Ahab April 11, 2014 at 8:47 AM  


    Hindi pwede yung non-NSO na marriage certificate.

  55. Anonymous April 16, 2014 at 11:36 AM  

    good day! ask ko lang po kung pwede magsama ng kasama s prc kht wlang appointment?

  56. Anonymous April 16, 2014 at 11:38 AM  

    magkano po ang babayaran pag express i.d at pa notarized pag s loob ng prc?

  57. Ishmael Fischer Ahab April 16, 2014 at 10:10 PM  


    Pwede namang magsama ng ibang tao sa loob kahit di naman mag-apply ng professional license

    Pasensya na po at di ko alam kung magkano yung babayaran sa express ID at notary.

  58. Anonymous April 17, 2014 at 7:52 AM  

    hi. regarding the teachers' renewal of license, do i need to have my examination records checked sa isa sa mga offices nila or will the result, yung minimail nila after exam, suffice? tnx.

  59. Ishmael Fischer Ahab April 19, 2014 at 8:51 PM  


    Ibig sabihin mayroon ka nang PRC ID dahil magre-renew ka?

    If meron na ay hindi mo na kailangan ng examintaion records. Basahin mo ang mga requirements by clicking this link: Tips on Renewing Your PRC License

  60. Anonymous May 27, 2014 at 10:19 AM  

    hi po..gaano po ktgal mkuha ang license dyan prc manila kng mgpachange status at d sametwym parenew?and pwd po ba na brother ko po ung mgprocess?

  61. Ishmael Fischer Ahab May 29, 2014 at 10:34 PM  


    Kapag regular PRC renewal, mga one week ay makuha mo na yung PRC license mo. And yes, pwedeng yung brother mo ang maglakad ng PRC license renewal mo. Just give him authorization.

    For details, please read this blog post: Authrization Letter for PRC License Renewal.

  62. Anonymous June 17, 2014 at 6:32 AM  

    What telephone number should I call to check if my ID has been released?

  63. Ishmael Fischer Ahab June 17, 2014 at 12:32 PM  


    You may contact PRC at telephone number: 310-0026

  64. Lynn rose Llantolynnroselogarta June 27, 2014 at 6:38 PM  

    Hi married po ako at gamit ko married name sa prc id is there any chance for me to use my maiden name again for my id? Thanks

  65. Ishmael Fischer Ahab July 1, 2014 at 10:30 PM  


    Pwede n'yo lang pong gamitin uli ang maiden name n'yo kung biyuda na kayo or annulled na yung marriage ninyo.

  66. Anonymous July 8, 2014 at 9:26 PM  

    hello po!!!pwede po bang mgchange name due to marriage in mobile services nyo po???gaano po ktagal process...tnx po

  67. Ishmael Fischer Ahab July 13, 2014 at 11:12 AM  


    Sa tingin ko pwede naman. Hindi ko alam kung gaano katagal.

  68. Ishmael Fischer Ahab July 13, 2014 at 11:13 AM  


    Sa tingin ko pwede naman. Hindi ko alam kung gaano katagal.

  69. Anonymous August 8, 2014 at 10:29 PM  

    Hi. Question lang po. I got married last february. Do I have an option to retain my maiden name?

  70. Ishmael Fischer Ahab August 11, 2014 at 11:13 PM  


    You have the option to place a dash "-" between your name and your husbands name so that it will still show on your ID.

    I am not sure you can still retain your maiden name fully.

  71. Anonymous August 25, 2014 at 2:33 PM  

    ask ko lang po kapang nag file ako ng change status, kinukuha pa ba nila yung latest prc license ko? or ipe-present lang sa counter? thanks and God bless u.

  72. Ishmael Fischer Ahab August 25, 2014 at 5:52 PM  


    Hindi ko alam ang sagot sa inyong tanong. Ang mabuti po ay dalhin ninyo ang inyong PRC ID at photocopy nun pagpunta ninyo sa PRC.

  73. Anonymous September 3, 2014 at 9:39 AM  


    thanks for the information you provided. you mentioned the petition form needs to be notarized. do you happen to know if prc accepts notarization outside the philippines?


  74. Ishmael Fischer Ahab September 3, 2014 at 11:17 PM  


    I am not sure if they I will accept documents that are notarized abroad. I suggest that you notarize the document here in the Philippines.

  75. Anonymous September 6, 2014 at 10:02 AM  

    Hi ask ko lang what if nagpachange name and stat nko ng prc license and macclaim ko sya on november 28 pa.. Pero i still have my prc license with my maiden name na sa 2016 pa mageexpire, can i still use it sa pagaapply? Kasi may apply nko for abroad,is it ok na yun maiden name na muna gamitin ko and baka di ko muna maclaim ang nirequest kong license if mapabilis ang pagprocess ng docs ko for abroad.. Ty

  76. Ishmael Fischer Ahab September 7, 2014 at 3:52 PM  


    Hindi ko po alam ang magiging epekto ng hindi ninyo paggamit ng inyong married name sa trabaho abroad. Kung nilagay mong single ka ay baka pwede mo pang gamitin yang old PRC mo.

    Yun nga lang, dapat i-consider mo rin yung epekto sa ibang papeles mo katulad ng passport at sa POEA.

  77. melanie Arroyo September 30, 2014 at 2:51 PM  

    Good day sir/mam.. i need an advice.. kc i need to urgently sign a plan. then my problem is hindi ko pa napapalitan ung name ko sa prc id ko ng married name ko.. can i just use my maiden name as signing name? wala nmn kaso un noh kc un pa rin nmn ang nasa i.d ko ee.?

  78. Ishmael Fischer Ahab September 30, 2014 at 3:04 PM  


    Hindi ko po alam yung full details ng plan ninyo kaya hindi kita mabibigyan ng accurate advice.

    Kung insurance plan yan ay sabihin mo sa insurance company yung gagawin mo. Posible kasing maapektuhan yung plan kung magpalit ka ng status later on.

  79. Anonymous October 16, 2014 at 3:18 PM  

    Hi what if i doesnt have a marriage cert.copy from nso yet?? is it okay if im going.to use the civil registry copy?? thanks

  80. Ishmael Fischer Ahab October 16, 2014 at 10:33 PM  


    I am not sure about that. Mas mabuti na tanungin ninyo ang NSO tungkol dito.

  81. Anonymous October 31, 2014 at 8:36 AM  

    Hi, may i ask kung gaanu katagal irerelease ung teachers' prc id kpg ngpchange status ako and renew at the same time? Aabutin ba ng 3 months? Need ko kasi sana ung id by december, mgrerenew ako by november 7. Thank you!

  82. Ishmael Fischer Ahab October 31, 2014 at 11:54 PM  


    Less than three months kapag sa main office ka ng PRC nagpa-renew at change status. Iwasan mo yung PRC satellite office sa mga malls kasi maraming nagrereklamo na mabagal daw mag-release dun.

  83. Peewee November 6, 2014 at 10:07 AM  

    hi! i didnt get my prc id yet and i now i have to change my status and renew my id. Do i have to do that both or one at a time? thanks for assistance.

  84. Ishmael Fischer Ahab November 6, 2014 at 12:36 PM  


    You can renew your license and change your name (or status) at the same time.

  85. Aileen Jan Carbonel Garingo November 12, 2014 at 5:21 PM  

    good day po.. sa manila lang po ba talaga pwd lng magpa change status or pwd sa other branches po ng prc like baguio po kung san po ako nagtake ng exam po.. thanks po

  86. Ishmael Fischer Ahab November 12, 2014 at 8:47 PM  


    Pwedeng magpa-change status sa kahit anong PRC offices. Kaya pwede kang magpa-change status jan sa PRC-Baguio.

  87. Eric Quimson December 11, 2014 at 8:24 PM  

    Hello Sir, I will be renewing my license as an ECE this month. Would you know please what are the requirements for change of name? (this is not due to marriage).On the registration and on my ID I was using my second name before and now i wanted to have it corrected using my full name (first and second)..Thank you

  88. Ishmael Fischer Ahab December 12, 2014 at 10:38 PM  

    HI Eric

    I think that you need a proof so I suggest that you bring a NSO Birth Certificate. Do you have other proof that you can use? Maybe your passport will do.

  89. Earyl Joy Oro April 12, 2015 at 12:08 PM  

    Hello po! Hindi ba pwedeng gamitin yong marriage certificate na hindi pa galing sa Nso..Bago pa lang kaming na ikasal kayat hindi ako makakuha sa nso, xpire na kasi yong license q at gusto qng i renew at e change yong status para ok na!..salamat po!

  90. Ishmael Fischer Ahab April 13, 2015 at 12:12 PM  


    Sa tingin ko ay pwede namang gamitin yung marriage license na hindi galing NSO kung bagong kasal ka. Ipaliwanag mo na lang sa PRC na bagong kasal ka kaya wala ka pang makukuhang NSo marriage certificate.

  91. Anonymous April 22, 2015 at 9:41 PM  

    hi poh... pwd bang mag change status sa kahit anong offices nang PRC. salamat poh,,

  92. Anonymous April 22, 2015 at 9:58 PM  

    Hi! Will PRC Ilo-ilo City entertain the change of name due to marriage if I had initially gotten my first license at PRC c. MyCebu? . Will that be entertained/possible?

  93. Anonymous April 25, 2015 at 5:35 PM  

    hello po gu day.sna mbsa nio po.married npo ak pwd po bng nd n ak mg change ng name s prc nurse id ko tnx po nd god bless

  94. Ishmael Fischer Ahab April 27, 2015 at 10:21 PM  

    Anonymous @ April 22

    I don't know po. I suggest that you call PRC regarding this.

    Anonymous @ April 25

    Hindi naman urgent ang pag-change ng name sa PRC ID. So, pwede ka na lang mag-change name kapag nag-renew ka ng license.

  95. Kathleen Ramos May 8, 2015 at 9:46 PM  

    Hi..how much ang total fees na magagastos for change of status saka renew?pagsasabayin ko na po kasi.maraming salamat po :)

  96. Ishmael Fischer Ahab May 9, 2015 at 9:15 AM  


    Pasensya na po at hindi ko po alam kung magkano.

  97. Anonymous June 7, 2015 at 11:00 PM  

    nagpapasalamat po ako na implement ng PRC ang ganitong sistema. kasi po unang-una ang kalimitang nagpaaral sa atin ang ating mga magulang so dapat po talaga dedicated tayo sa kanila na dalhin ang father's family surname. at hindi ang naging husband mo. saka sa mga husband na din na nangaliwa hanggang sa iniwan ang wife at mga anak nya. talaga lang dapat na alisin na ang surname ng ex-husband. lalo na kung walang kuenta. salamat po.

  98. Anonymous June 19, 2015 at 4:23 PM  

    may express id pa po ba as of june 2015?..

  99. Ishmael Fischer Ahab June 25, 2015 at 12:53 PM  


    I think wala nang express ID since yung PRC license ay makukuha na agad on the same day. Ganyan kasi ang nagyari sa kaopisina ko na recently lang nag-renew. Baka pinabilis na ng PRC yung proseso nila.

  100. Manilyn Capulong July 5, 2015 at 11:42 AM  

    Ilang araw bago mkuha ang id after the chnage status?

  101. Ishmael Fischer Ahab July 16, 2015 at 1:59 PM  


    Kung walang problema or discrepancy sa records mo ay makukuha mo na yung bagong PRC ID mo on the same day.

  102. Nanette September 6, 2015 at 2:20 PM  

    Hi, good day po. Pwede ko pa ba makuha yung ni renew ko na ID last year na hindi k po nkuha sa releasing time?
    Thank you po.

  103. Ishmael Fischer Ahab September 7, 2015 at 11:47 AM  


    Naku, baka forfeited na po yung ID ninyo dahil ilang buwan na ninyong hindi kinuha. I suggewst na tawagan mo ang PRC para malaman mo kung makukuha mo pa.

  104. Ella September 23, 2015 at 9:27 AM  

    Hi po. I am planning to change my name on my prc license due to marriage and at the same time renew my license this coming October. I was married last 2010 and used my maiden name when i took & passed the board exam last 2012. I haven't really practised my profession as a nurse up to this time. Now i'm planning to change my surname and practice my profession. Hindi po ba ako ku-kwestyunin ng prc kung bakit maiden name ko ang ginamit ko nung ng-take ako ng board exam? kasi lahat ng school record ko noon eh maiden name pa po nkalagay.. Thank you po.

  105. Ishmael Fischer Ahab September 24, 2015 at 11:48 AM  


    Sa tingin ko ay hindi ka naman ku-kwestyunin ng PRC tungkol sa name mo. So, ituloy mo lang yang plano mo.

  106. Anonymous November 17, 2015 at 9:04 PM  

    Good pm, gusto ko po sana mg change status para sa nursing license ko, june 2006 po ako kumuha ng exam, nkapag work napo ako abroad for almost 6 years, anu po ba ang requirements? Sabi po ng friend ko kailangan pa po ng Dole certificate para po dun sa ng retake, pero d na po ako ngretake. Makakapag change status pa ho ba ako? Salamat po.

  107. Ishmael Fischer Ahab November 20, 2015 at 4:07 PM  


    Kung change name due to marriage yan ay kailangan mo ng marriage certificate na galing sa NSO. Dagdag na document yan sa mga iba pang documents na kailangan kapag magre-renew ng PRC license.

  108. Lalaine Delizo December 2, 2015 at 1:31 PM  

    Hi po.. pwde po ba magpa change status s MALLS? Or renewal lang po tlga sla?

  109. Ishmael Fischer Ahab December 2, 2015 at 5:18 PM  


    Hindi ko sigurado ito ha...pero sa tingin ko ay pwede ka magpa-change status sa satellite offices ng PRC sa mga malls.

  110. Anonymous February 15, 2016 at 10:51 PM  

    Hi! I just filed my change of status (claiming in 3months). Will PRC also issue a registration/board certificate with my married name or is it just the ID? Problem is, I lost my certificate. If I had it duplicated, can I use my married name on the request even if I just filed my COS?

  111. Anonymous February 19, 2016 at 10:36 AM  

    Pwede po b mgpchange status sa sm mall tnx po

  112. Ishmael Fischer Ahab February 25, 2016 at 1:50 AM  

    Anonymous @ Feb 15

    I am not sure but I think it is only the ID that will bear your married name. As for the certificate, they may only give a copy of your old certificate that still bears your maiden name.

    Anonymous @ Feb 19

    I believe that PRC License application is currently suspended in SM malls.

  113. Paula Magpantay March 2, 2016 at 9:04 PM  

    Hi. Change of name is 225 only. Notary is 50 php. Renewal of license (if on time) is 450 only.. if you have penalty for late renewal then there will be addtl charges but it will not cost 2500. Maybe fixer yon so watch out

  114. Paula Magpantay March 2, 2016 at 9:19 PM  

    450 renewal fee (if on time ka) then 225 for change of name. 50php notary.. inasikaso ko yan this week lang po. Baka sa fixer yang 2500. Beware.

  115. Paula Magpantay March 2, 2016 at 9:19 PM  

    Hi. Change of name is 225 only. Notary is 50 php. Renewal of license (if on time) is 450 only.. if you have penalty for late renewal then there will be addtl charges but it will not cost 2500. Maybe fixer yon so watch out

  116. Ishmael Fischer Ahab March 3, 2016 at 11:41 AM  


    Thank you very much for sharing your information. I will update the blog post to include your comment. Thanks!

  117. Anonymous March 7, 2016 at 3:22 PM  

    GUD DAY my concern is to follow up my prc licensed id. I renew it last November 11, 2014, can I claim it already?

  118. Jeanalen Javier March 13, 2016 at 4:59 PM  

    Gud day.. ask ko lng po kng magpparenew po and change ng status.. may paraan po b n mkuha dn ng same day ung id? Kng meron po magknoo po ang fee? Thanks po..

  119. Ishmael Fischer Ahab March 15, 2016 at 12:01 AM  


    Ang pagkakaalam ko po ay sa PRC Manila offcie ay makukuha mo agad yung PRC ID mo on the same day.

  120. Ishmael Fischer Ahab March 15, 2016 at 12:02 AM  


    Naku masyado nang matagal yung 2014. Malamang itinapon na yan ng PRC. Posible na kumuha ka na lang ng bagong ID.

  121. Shaynne Ariz April 6, 2016 at 10:15 PM  

    Ask lang po if need ba talaga na from NSO ung marriage certificate?

  122. gloryl April 26, 2016 at 11:32 PM  

    Hi...ilang mos. bgo mkuha ang prc n change name?thanks

  123. Anonymous May 19, 2016 at 10:46 PM  

    bakit pag nagveverify ako ng license ko sa website yan ang lualabas na verification result, tama naman ang professional id license - An error was encountered while processing your request. Operator \'=\' is not defined for type \'DBNull\' and type \'Integer\'.

  124. Anonymous June 3, 2016 at 2:26 PM  

    Hello po.kakapasa ko lang po ng LET nong may.ngayong monday po punta napo ako sa prc para mag file po for lincense .ang tanong ko lang po pwede po ba mag change status agad ako upon filling sa lincense ko ? Single pa kasi gamit ko nong nag file ako for exam then kakukuha ko lang po nang marriage contract ko sa nso. Is it possible po e sabay ko po pag file ng lincnese tsaka change status.thanks.

  125. Anonymous June 3, 2016 at 2:26 PM  

    Hello po.kakapasa ko lang po ng LET nong may.ngayong monday po punta napo ako sa prc para mag file po for lincense .ang tanong ko lang po pwede po ba mag change status agad ako upon filling sa lincense ko ? Single pa kasi gamit ko nong nag file ako for exam then kakukuha ko lang po nang marriage contract ko sa nso. Is it possible po e sabay ko po pag file ng lincnese tsaka change status.thanks.

  126. adriana llovit June 22, 2016 at 10:19 PM  

    Hello, im a registered mechanical engineer. Ask ko lang po if pwede sabay renewal and change status sa prc tru SM Malls? Expired license ko 4 yrs. Due to financial prob. Thanks po sa sasagot.

  127. Ishmael Fischer Ahab June 24, 2016 at 10:30 AM  


    Last time I check at suspended muna ang PRC License transactions sa SM Malls. Mukhang inaayos pa ng PRC. I suggest na sa PRC office ka na lang tumuloy. I also suggest na magtanong ka din sa SM

  128. Anonymous July 19, 2016 at 12:59 PM  

    good day po. ask ko lang po kung ano ang requirements at paano magpachange ng status since im married now and planning to take the board exam again this november. thank you.

  129. Ishmael Fischer Ahab July 19, 2016 at 1:50 PM  


    Kung mag-board exam ka pa lang, ibig sabihin wala ka pang license. All you need is to apply for the exam and indicate that you're married.

  130. Anonymous July 23, 2016 at 6:17 PM  

    Ok lang ba mag pachange status ng prc license kahit di pa expired? Thank you

  131. Anonymous July 23, 2016 at 6:21 PM  

    Pwede na bang magpa change status ng prc license kahit hindi pa ito expired?thank you po

  132. Anonymous September 8, 2016 at 8:34 PM  

    Hi, a pleasant day , ask ko lang if pwede ng mag renew and mag change ng status sa SM malls. I would really appreciate if you send me response on this matter urgently. Thank you so much.

  133. star September 8, 2016 at 8:44 PM  

    hi, ask ko lang po if ok nang mag change ng status at mag renew ng nursing license sa SM Malls to be precised sa SM Pampanga. I would really appreciate if you will respond immediately bacause i only have 3 mos to submit the documents. Thank you.

  134. camille ann bayle October 26, 2016 at 9:02 PM  

    Hi, next year po expired ng license ko, if ever po na magchange of status po ako this year ma-move din po ba ung expiration date ng license ko na instead po n next year na eh magiging 3 yrs from now? Thanks po

  135. Ishmael Fischer Ahab November 14, 2016 at 11:55 AM  


    Sa tingin ko po ay hindi na rin mababago yung expiry ng license mo. Hindi lang ako sure sa sagot ko so mas maganda po na sa PRC na lang kayo magtanong.

  136. Anonymous November 20, 2016 at 9:26 PM  

    ask ko lng po kung pwede ko ba makuha agad agad ang prc license ko the day na nag apply dn ako.mag rerenew ako ng prc ko at the same time change of name due to marriage.

  137. Ishmael Fischer Ahab November 21, 2016 at 12:34 PM  


    Sa Manila Office ay makukuha mo agad ang PRC License on the same day of your application. Hindi ko lang alam kung same din sa ibang offices ng PRC.

  138. Anonymous November 26, 2016 at 11:01 PM  

    Hello po.. sa december 10 po pupunta ang PRC dito sa vigan.. magrerenew po ako ng license and at the same time magpapachange name din po ako kase married na.. tanong ko lang po kung ieentertain po ba nila yung petition ko po for change of name..

  139. Ishmael Fischer Ahab December 6, 2016 at 12:58 PM  


    Yes. I think that they will entertain your petition.

  140. jenelyn loquias December 12, 2016 at 7:32 PM  

    hi! ask ko lang po if pwede isabay na ang change status sa application palang? single pa po kse ako nung nagparegister para sa exam and ngayon sanang pag register ko ulit para sa ID isasabay ko na ung change status, pwde po ba un?

  141. teacher I December 20, 2016 at 8:43 PM  

    hello po.. nagpanotaryo po ako sa town namin gamit ang Petition form from baguio.. pero hnd po nila alam kung saan banda magsa-sign yung attorney.. dun po ba sa administering officer, katabi ng docs. stamp?

  142. Anonymous January 5, 2017 at 2:03 PM  

    Pwede pa po bang magrenew ng license kahit 14 years na akong hnde nagrerenew, for valid id purposes lang kase,sayang kase pwedeng magamit sa mga transactions asking for valid id..thanks

  143. angelic deloso January 11, 2017 at 5:19 PM  

    Hi nabasa ko.po ung mga requirements needed po, up to now po ba I to parin ung kailangan gawin ?

  144. angelic deloso January 11, 2017 at 5:20 PM  

    Hello u up to now same requirements parin po ba ang inaask ng PRC?thanks

  145. Unknown February 5, 2017 at 11:08 PM  

    hi po. planning to renew and change status.
    i tried the renewal online. pro using new surname agad nageerror. so i tried my maidens name,pumwede po. need nlng pay sa bank for fee.
    kaya lng wlang change status online.
    nagdadalawang isip ako kung bbyaran ko p b un nauna n renewal. o pagsabayin ko nlng na irenew at change name pagpunta sa prc at dun n din magbayad.
    Ano po okay? Ang hassle lng kasi po, 9months pregnant na ko,pg inasikaso ko to this tuesday. Ano po masuggest niyo?

  146. Ar Lene May 18, 2017 at 2:35 AM  

    Hello po,, pwede po ba sa online ang id renewal at change of name due to marriage?
    Oct.2008 pa po expired ang license ko, nasa magkano na po kaya ang aking babayaran? Pra lang po mkapagprepare ako. Tnx po.

  147. piatepye May 22, 2017 at 2:42 PM  

    good day.! I just got married last April 2016 and my license will expire this june 2017 so I am planning to renew it and at the same time, have my name change due to marriage. I would like to ask, do I need to go to the main PRC building for these processes.? what forms do I need to fill-up.? thanks and Godbless.!

  148. Ishmael Fischer Ahab May 27, 2017 at 4:37 PM  


    If you're near the PRC Main Office in Manila then I suggest that you there to renew your license.

    You can also go to PRC's regional office if it is more convenient for you.

  149. Mary may Madola June 9, 2017 at 2:56 PM  

    Good day ask Lang po Kung mag papa change status po Ako today kelan po estimate day or month pwede icclaim ung prc I'd ko po ?